Join us for this important webinar, which will provide HR practice tips for managing time off under family and medical leave, the Fair Employment and Housing Act, Paid Sick Time, and other key laws covering medical leave.
9:00 am to 11:00 am: HR Practice Tips for Managing Extended Medical Leave Under FMLA/CFRA, FEHA/ADA and PSL
Presented by Bernadette M. O’Brien, Esq., SPHR, Partner at Floyd Skeren Manukian Langevin, LLP, and James Lodenquai, Human Resources Director for Vallarta Supermarkets
This presentation will include information on:
- A review of key 2021 revisions to the California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- A review of key 2023 revisions to the CFRA
- Details on California’s “Bereavement Leave” requirements
- Details on the expanded list of covered family member for CFRA (designated family member)
- Challenges in managing intermittent leave
- Importance of obtaining medical certifications
- Detecting and responding to suspected FMLA/CFRA misuse
- Crossover obligations between FMLA/CFRA and the ADA/FEHA
- Managing requests for extended medical leave without violating the ADA/FEHA
- New laws impacting leaves of absence.
Cost of attendance: $50
Contact email@example.com for assistance.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. 50% of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received no later than 14 days prior to the event. Refunds will not be granted after 14th day before the event nor will they be given for no-shows. Attendee changes: Should you choose to transfer your registration to another person you must notify FSML by emailing email@example.com, 7 days prior to the event.