Please join Bernadette M. O’Brien, Esq., SPHR, of Floyd Skeren Manukian Langevin, along with Senior Partners John B. Floyd, Esq., and Amanda A. Manukian, Esq., for an informative live-webinar covering important topics for employers, Human Resources Administrators, and Risk Managers on COVID-19 including:
- What workplace laws may be triggered by COVID-19?
- What leave may an employee entitled to who is ill, or who needs to care for a family member who is ill with COVID-19?
- What does the new federal law, “Families First Coronavirus Response Act”, provide for eligible employees in terms of paid sick leave and family and medical leave?
- What leave may be required for parents with children home from school?
- Can employers require that an employee’s temperature be taken before beginning their work shift?
- Can employers send employees home who appear sick with a cold or flu?
- Can employers require a release to return to work from an employee if COVID-19 is suspected and the employee is requesting to return to work?
- If the workforce shuts down, must employees be paid, and what about benefits?
- Information on workers who are 65 and older or at a higher risk for exposure to coronavirus;
- Guidance on responding to employees who are concerned that a co-worker has COVID-19, or who do not want to report to work because of coronavirus fear, or who request to work remotely;
- Considerations for a remote workforce;
- Furloughs versus layoffs, and the WARN Act;
- A review of potential workers’ compensation issues related to COVID-19;
- Information for employers and employees about educational tools for children at home due to school closures, provided by a leading expert and educator, Brittany A. Cufaude, CEO of Joyful Classrooms.
Do not miss this important discussion!
Contact Rebecca.Zandovskis@floydskerenlaw.com for assistance.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com. 50% of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received no later than 14 days prior to the event. Refunds will not be granted after 14th day before the event nor will they be given for no-shows. Attendee changes: Should you choose to transfer your registration to another person you must notify FSML by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, 7 days prior to the event.